- Add pkg-config dependency which avoids some maintainer testing errors
and also removes a few unneeded library links such as -lcurses.
- libfido2 package is broken with pkg-config and base ssl. Workaround this
by not using pkg-config for that library for now.
- Add USES=localbase to simplify some options
- Make crypt(3) MD5 password support optional but still on-by-default. The
default in FreeBSD changed in 10.0 but that does not mean
- Enable -Werror
- Remove some old baggage from the port build
o The zlib version check has not been needed for a while.
o sshd.8 has not had %%PREFIX%% or %$RC_SCRIPT_NAME%% since 2011
and is not worth more patches/complexity.
o The strnvis(3) problem noted in r311891 was fixed in OpenSSH 7.4.
o autoreconf is run so it makes no sense to patch configure for -ldes
o --with-md5-passwords is not needed as our crypt(3) supports it
natively. This is only relevant without PAM.