- libaec Adaptive entropy coding library
- 1.0.6 science =1 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: sunpoet@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2017-01-01 01:47:54
- Last Update: 2022-07-20 14:22:51
- Commit Hash: 4619604
- People watching this port, also watch:: py39-pycparser, p5-Net-HTTP, tmux, font-misc-meltho, python
- License: BSD2CLAUSE
- Libaec provides fast lossless compression of 1 up to 32 bit wide signed or
unsigned integers (samples). The library achieves best results for low entropy
data as often encountered in space imaging instrument data or numerical model
output from weather or climate simulations. While floating point representations
are not directly supported, they can also be efficiently coded by grouping
exponents and mantissa.
Libaec implements Golomb-Rice coding as defined in the Space Data System
Standard documents 121.0-B-2 and 120.0-G-2.
Libaec includes a free drop-in replacement for the SZIP library. Just replace
SZIP's shared library libsz.so* with libaec.so* and libsz.so* from libaec. Code
which is dynamically linked with SZIP such as HDF5 should continue to work with
libaec. No re-compilation required. HDF5 files which contain SZIP encoded data
can be decoded by HDF5 using libaec and vice versa.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/science/libaec/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install science/libaec
- pkg install libaec
- PKGNAME: libaec
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1632760436
SHA256 (libaec-1.0.6.tar.gz) = 032961877231113bb094ef224085e6d66fd670f85a3e17f53d0f131abf24f2fd
SIZE (libaec-1.0.6.tar.gz) = 3129358
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- This port is required by:
- for Libraries
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites: