|non port: lang/perl5.8/files/use.perl
Number of commits found: 13
Sunday, 11 Mar 2012
Undo ports/165457 to not violate POLA. As far as I knew, the PR
was to test what happened when we did eventually delete these two
ports, not to delete them immediately.
A subsequent commit will add appropriate deprecation messages.
Feature safe: yes (actually no, however, this is to preserve POLA)
Thursday, 8 Mar 2012
- Remove lang/perl5.8 (12/16/2008 EOL) and lang/perl5.10 (08/23/2009 EOL)
- lang/5.12 (default) is in Maint mode and lang/5.14 is GA right now.
- The final UNcommitted portition of this PR will move the default perl
to lang/perl5.14 but
must be fixed or marked BROKEN 1st.
Submitted by: pgollucci (myself)
Approved by: portmgr (linimon)
Exp Run by: linimon
Tested by: make index
Monday, 6 Dec 2010
Do not touch /etc/manpath.config on -CURRENT after man.d/perl.conf is used
Submitted by: garga@
Approved by: skv@ (maintainer)
Friday, 5 Nov 2010
Add patch to install a configuration file for the new man utility
instead of manipulating /etc/manpath.config.
Approved by: maintainer (timeout), wes@ (mentor, implicit)
Thursday, 5 Nov 2009
Fix script "use.perl": correctly check variables 'need_*'.
Submitted by: Artis Caune <artis.caune xx gmail.com>
Monday, 2 Nov 2009
- Fix behaviour of USE_PERL option when it is "off"
- Add PORTSCOUT variable
Thursday, 5 Mar 2009
Remove variable PERL_VER from the ports tree at all - because
it is obsolete since Perl 5.6.0.
Friday, 24 Jun 2005
Upgrade to 5.8.7. In addition:
- add perl-after-upgrade utility to move around
- fix $0 expansion in use.perl 
- enable threaded perl on amd64 
- always compile perl with -pthread 
- fix errno issue in SDBM_File 
- add support for // and err (defined-or) 
- add WITH_DEBUGGING option 
- fix suidperl symlink 
- fix several small bugs in use.perl
- print possible WITH_XXX flags (no OPTIONS support yet)
 Submitted by: erwin, Niël Dogger <email@example.com>
 Nudged by: Mike Schroll <FreeBSD@LogicX.us>
 Nudged by: skv
 perl bug #35938
 Obtained from: H.Merijn Brand <firstname.lastname@example.org>
 PR: 78811, submitted by: skv
 PR: 80069, submitted by: Sergey N. Voronkov <email@example.com>
A different solution was actually implemented.
Wednesday, 2 Feb 2005
Update bsd.port.mk's notion of the perl version (to 5.8.6) .
Use more correct OSVERSION threshold to distinguish between
base system perl and perl from ports - the right value is 500036 .
Also, simplify OSVERSION-related logic in lang/perl5 and lang/perl5.8.
Now it goes as follows:
- for lang/perl5.8, if there is perl in the base system, install
use.perl script, use a helpful pkg-message, and do not automatically
- for lang/perl5.8, if there is no perl in the base system, do not
install use.perl script, and update symlinks automatically;
- for lang/perl5, always install use.perl;
- for lang/perl5, never update symlinks automatically;
- for lang/perl5, vary produced pkg-message depending on the presence of
the base system perl.
Bump PORTREVISION for both lang/perl5 and lang/perl5.8.
 Approved by: portmgr
Tuesday, 1 Feb 2005
Update to 5.8.6. Also:
- redirect output from h2ph to /dev/null ;
- fix File::Path insecure file/directory permissions ;
this resolves CAN-2004-0452
- for OSVERSION < 500036, create symlinks in /usr/bin not only for
perl and suidperl, but also for a2p, c2ph, find2perl, h2ph, h2xs,
perlbug, perlcc, perldoc, pl2pm, pod2html, pod2latex, pod2man,
pod2text, s2p, and splain; perl and suidperl are still enough for
more recent FreeBSD versions ;
- clean up created symlinks upon deinstallation ;
- try to cleanup symlinks created by older versions of lang/perl5 and
lang/perl5.8, during both installation and deinstallation ;
- added support for DISABLE_BSDPAN environment variable ;
- be explicit about use.perl usage after installation of 4.X systems
- respect __MAKE_CONF partially (the build-time value is used) ;
- fix threaded build - respect PTHREAD_CFLAGS and PTHREAD_LIBS .
- use.perl is now the same as pkg-install is now the same as
pkg-deinstall; apart from the changes already mentioned above, this
is a shell script now;
- use.perl's logic is also simplified in several ways ;
- fix a BSDPAN bug .
Outstanding issues: Module::Build support for BSDPAN, SU_CMD support (PR
70831), PR 64963 (partially), and anything else that I forgot.
 Nudged by: krion
 Reported by: nectar
Patch from: Chris Turner @ RedHat
 PR: 55760, 57151, 58406
 Requested by: kris
 PR: 51281, 51539
 PR: 57134
 PR: 60736
 PR: 74431
 PR: 73233
 Perl version submitted by des, implemented in sh
 Reported by: Alexander Nagilum <freebsd %at% nagilum de>
Sunday, 30 May 2004
1. Update to 5.8.4.
2. Make this port respect Makefile.local.
3. Transfer manpages to Makefile.man.
4. Move manpages for modules, included into distribution, into
lib/perl5/PERL_VER/perl/man/man3, to eliminate file conflicts
with p5 ports for modules included with perl.
5. Use PREFIX/SITE_PERL_REL instead of SITE_PERL in the Makefile.
6. Switch to bzipped sources.
7. Other small adjustments.
PR: 65925, 66096, 67205
Submitted by: foxfair (1), Charles Swiger <firstname.lastname@example.org> (1), krion (3)
Reported by: Roy Badami <email@example.com> (2)
Tuesday, 20 Jan 2004
Check /usr/bin/perl5 existence before using "ident -q /usr/bin/perl5".
Approved by: tobez
Sunday, 21 Jul 2002
Update to 5.8.0 (after repocopy).
Number of commits found: 13