|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|07 Sep 2022 21:58:51
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Remove WWW entries moved into port Makefiles
Commit b7f05445c00f has added WWW entries to port Makefiles based on
WWW: lines in pkg-descr files.
This commit removes the WWW: lines of moved-over URLs from these
Approved by: portmgr (tcberner)
07 Sep 2022 21:10:59
|Stefan Eßer (se)
Add WWW entries to port Makefiles
It has been common practice to have one or more URLs at the end of the
ports' pkg-descr files, one per line and prefixed with "WWW:". These
URLs should point at a project website or other relevant resources.
Access to these URLs required processing of the pkg-descr files, and
they have often become stale over time. If more than one such URL was
present in a pkg-descr file, only the first one was tarnsfered into
the port INDEX, but for many ports only the last line did contain the
port specific URL to further information.
There have been several proposals to make a project URL available as
a macro in the ports' Makefiles, over time.
(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
20 Jul 2022 14:21:58
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
games: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* Aaron Baugher
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Aaron Dalton <email@example.com>
* Aaron VonderHaar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Aaron Zauner <email@example.com>
* Adam Kranzel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <email@example.com>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
01 Apr 2022 15:09:49
|Dmitry Marakasov (amdmi3)
*/*: fix trailing whitespace in pkg-descr's
Approved by: portmgr blanket
19 Aug 2021 14:50:33
|Adriaan de Groot (adridg)
games/linux-dwarffortress: Update to 0.47.05
The non-Premium (e.g. not the one that will eventually be on Steam)
version of Dwarf Fortress gets occasional releases. The release
notes can be found on
if you scroll down a long way; there is no separate release page.
Some major and minor bug fixes, improved overall Dwarfishness.
This version works with 0.47.04 save files, although you might
not get the bugfixes if continuing in such a world.
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
03 Apr 2020 20:19:06
Update games/linux-dwarffortress to latest upstream
While Bay12 works on getting DF to Steam, there are still traditional
releases going on. This update jumps from 44.12 (july 2018) to 47.04
(february 2020) with a ton of (mostly adventuring mode) fixes and
Sound is still disabled, in the package, because the linuxy bits can't
dynamically load the sound library.
Strike the earth!
10 Sep 2019 19:37:16
Create USE_LINUX sdlttf keyword and use it in games/linux-dwarffortress.
31 Aug 2019 12:56:42
Massage build of linux-dwarffortress
- change back from c6 to the default (c7 now)
- don't install the bundled libc++, because it requires glibc 2.18
which c7 doesn't have
- avoid a runtime error message about sound-not-loading by switching
off sound in the shipped config files. These are copied to the
user's ~/.dwarffortress directory and can be edited there if needed.
23 Aug 2019 21:38:40
Urist Beastiewrangler loves Linux CentOS 6 for its 32-bit SDL libraries.
Or, less dwarfishly, DF is tied to C6 because libSDL_image ships 32-bit
libraries there, while C7 only has a 64-bit version. Bump PORTREVISION
because it may have been built against C7 and then it doesn't work.
26 May 2019 21:27:22
Update Dwarf Fortress to latest upstream release, 0.44.12.
Major bug fixes
- Fixed crash from corrupted units
- Made baron elevate to count properly
- Removed intermittent lag from off-site conceptions and births
(added seasonal unit offloading)
- Made squad orders respect successful site conquest (so new members
don't try to reconquer)
Other bug fixes/tweaks
- Fixed broken display for multiple adventurer agreements
- Show proper mission text for messengers instead of No Job
- Made tantruming dwarves cancel activities
- Controlled how market links are formed somewhat
While here, take maintainership.
Dwarf Fortress is a metaphor for participating in the FreeBSD project:
everything's lovely, until your legendary craftsdwarf falls into the
river starting a tantrum spiral that ends with the walls covered in
blood and the halls echoing with the cries of the dead.
17 Apr 2018 03:15:46
games@ is not to be used as a maintainer per r371872
Pointy hat to: rene
24 Feb 2018 22:35:18
Return pawel@'s ports to the pool after he resigned.
With hat: portmgr
12 Feb 2018 19:43:37
Update to version 0.44.05
Major bug fixes
Stopped displayed artifacts from duplicating on retirement/offloading of site
Made attacking giant monsters path to targets properly again
Stopped extraneous dwarf mode conversation text generation (freezes)
Stopped negative artifact location rumors from passing around
so much (freezes)
Made removing first stop of hauling route w/ assigned vehicle not
Stopped crash caused by yielding to muggers
Stopped creatures from asking for identity when they shouldn't
be able to speak(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
01 Dec 2017 23:52:24
Update to version 0.44.02
- Ability to send out squads to raid sites, rescuing prisoners
and recovering artifacts
- Display cases and pedestals, museum zones, both in forts and other sites
- Can view the world map w/ rumors from fort mode
- Artifacts created during worldgen: dwarf moods, named heroic objects,
holy relics, heirlooms
- New artifact events in play and worldgen: questers seek artifacts and ask
for or steal them, invaders demand artifacts
- New historical events associated to the creation of
artifacts (used in fort and worldgen)
- Agents used by civilizations to gather information,
can assume cover identities(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
21 Nov 2016 12:45:56
Better fix for execution error. INSTALL_LIB strip(1) libraries it
installs, at least on FreeBSD 10 this operation changes type of
library to FreeBSD making loading library fail on runtime.
18 Nov 2016 20:00:44
- Add missing dri dependency
- Convert sdl_ttf to RUN_DEPENDS hack, USE_LINUX=sdlttf seems to be gone
- Use brandelf(1) on installed libraries also, game runs on 12-current but
on FreeBSD 10.3 execution fails with:
./libs/Dwarf_Fortress: error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/libexec/dwarffortress/libgraphics.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid
16 Nov 2016 13:19:06
Dwarf Fortress is a single-player fantasy game. You can control a dwarven
outpost or an adventurer in a randomly generated, persistent world.
Note that I am taking maintainership of this port, there was no feedback
on this PR for almost a year and I ended up working on it.
Submitted by: Michael Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org>