(Only the first 10 of 30 ports in this commit are shown above. )
emulators/qemu52: Moved to emulators/qemu5
- Has been updated to 5.2.0.
- This is the last version of 5.X.X branch of qemu and part of updating
emulators/qemu to latest 6.X.X branch.
- Added a stripped down version of qemu5-nox11 with FLAVORS
- Removed some reference to oszoo.org which no longer hosts qemu images
and is totally an irrelevent site
(Only the first 10 of 19 ports in this commit are shown above. )
[NEW] emulators/qemu50: QEMU CPU Emulator - 5.0.X branch
QEMU is a FAST! processor emulator using dynamic translation to achieve
good emulation speed.
QEMU has two operating modes:
* Full system emulation. In this mode, QEMU emulates a full system
(for example a PC), including a processor and various peripherials.
It can be used to launch different Operating Systems without rebooting
the PC or to debug system code.
* User mode emulation (Linux host only). In this mode, QEMU can launch
Linux processes compiled for one CPU on another CPU. It can be used to
launch the Wine Windows API emulator or to ease cross-compilation and
As QEMU requires no host kernel patches to run, it is very safe and easy to use.
See also the preconfigured system images on http://oszoo.org/
Many live cd isos also work.