- open-vm-tools-nox11 Open VMware tools for FreeBSD VMware guests
- 11.2.0_2,2 emulators
=12 11.2.0_2,2Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- IGNORE: requires kernel source files in SRC_BASE=/usr/src
- Maintainer: garga@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2008-05-16 08:12:17
- Last Update: 2021-03-17 16:44:11
- SVN Revision: 568677
- People watching this port, also watch:: open-vm-tools, sudo, openssl, fetchmail, sqlite3
- Also Listed In: kld
- License: LGPL21
- The Open Virtual Machine Tools (open-vm-tools) are the open source
implementation of VMware Tools. They are a set of guest operating
system virtualization components that enhance performance and user
experience of virtual machines. As virtualization technology rapidly
becomes mainstream, each virtualization solution provider implements
their own set of tools and utilities to supplement the guest virtual
machine. However, most of the implementations are proprietary and
are tied to a specific virtualization platform.
This port replaces the VMware guest ports and the binary-only VMware
tools ports in the ports tree.
cgit ¦ GitHub ¦ GitHub ¦ GitLab ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: open-vm-tools-nox11
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- ONLY_FOR_ARCHS: amd64 i386
- TIMESTAMP = 1606400181
SHA256 (vmware-open-vm-tools-stable-11.2.0_GH0.tar.gz) = 280970a15dd8210b89e68df5fce64fa8bfb3ff7ca3737ce5ebf8634d8c1a2494
SIZE (vmware-open-vm-tools-stable-11.2.0_GH0.tar.gz) = 2710170
No package information for this port in our database
- Sometimes this happens. Not all ports have packages.
- Master port: emulators/open-vm-tools
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- doxygen : devel/doxygen
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- autoconf>=2.69 : devel/autoconf
- automake>=1.16.1 : devel/automake
- libtoolize : devel/libtool
- Library dependencies:
- libmspack.so : archivers/libmspack
- libdnet.so : net/libdnet
- libfuse.so : sysutils/fusefs-libs
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- libglib-2.0.so : devel/glib20
- libintl.so : devel/gettext-runtime
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for open-vm-tools-nox11-11.2.0_2,2:
DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
OPENSSL=on: SSL/TLS support via OpenSSL
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- autoreconf fuse gettext-runtime kmod libtool localbase pathfix pkgconfig gnome
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: emulators/open-vm-tools|
17 Mar 2021 16:44:11
emulators/open-vm-tools: Flavorize and other tweaks
- Remove emulators/open-vm-tools-nox11 and create a nox11 flavor
- Regenerate patches with make makepatch
- Sort Makefile and make portclippy and portlint happy
- Remove unused variables
- Simplify Makefile
Sponsored by: Rubicon Communications, LLC ("Netgate")
22 Mar 2017 14:52:01
emulators/open-vm-tools: Update to 10.1.0
14 Nov 2016 07:47:48
Mark as broken on various tier-2 archs.
While here, pet portlint.
Approved by: portmgr (tier-2 blanket)
24 Oct 2016 10:18:50
OPTIONS_SET/OPTIONS_UNSET are global variables, they cannot be used in ports
So, replace them with OPTIONS_SLAVE, OPTIONS_EXCLUDE, OPTIONS_DEFAULT,
The ghostscript ports are doing something nasty that is certainly wrong,
but I don't want to try to understand it.
Sponsored by: Absolight
21 Apr 2016 16:43:15
many ports: mark broken on powerpc64
08 Jun 2014 19:51:28
Remove all space characters from Makefile assignments.
No functional changes included.
CR: D193 (except math/sedumi)
Approved by: portmgr (bapt)
23 Nov 2013 04:12:10
- Disable LIBNOTIFY option to avoid pulling in some X libs
16 Nov 2013 23:22:22
- Update to 9.4.0
- Commit open-vm-tools-nox11 part of conversion to optionsNG missed in last
- Fix plist issue with open-vm-tools-nox11 with optionsNG enabled
PR: ports/183893 
Submitted by: mat
20 Sep 2013 16:43:53
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
18 Dec 2012 23:09:07
Chase icu, graphite2 and libexttextcat bump
16 May 2008 13:49:54
Add PKGNAMESUFFIX -nox11 to fix INDEX
Submitted by: wxs
16 May 2008 11:16:53
Forced commit to add the missing description:
open-vm-tools-nox11 is a open source version of the
vmware-guestd and vmware-tools ports without X11 support.
16 May 2008 08:11:54
New port: open-vm-tools-nox11