- vim-console Improved version of the vi editor (console only)
- 8.2.2569 editors
=6 8.2.2569Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch.
- Maintainer: adamw@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2018-01-11 20:30:02
- Last Update: 2021-09-02 06:36:47
- Commit Hash: 620f205
- People watching this port, also watch:: bash, rsync, pkg, screen, git
- License: VIM
- Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to enable efficient text editing.
It is an improved version of the vi editor distributed with most UNIX systems.
Vim is often called a "programmer's editor," and so useful for programming that
many consider it an entire IDE. It's not just for programmers, though. Vim is
perfect for all kinds of text editing, from composing email to editing
- ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- No installation instructions:
- This port has been deleted.
- PKGNAME: vim-console
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1614894260
SHA256 (vim-vim-v8.2.2569_GH0.tar.gz) = f24b07919c4ce8a77855cb3e5ae204010feac4fd2ae4627955d1848e6828eff6
SIZE (vim-vim-v8.2.2569_GH0.tar.gz) = 15437345
Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: editors/vim
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- Library dependencies:
- libiconv.so : converters/libiconv
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- ===> The following configuration options are available for vim-console-8.2.2569:
DEFAULT_VIMRC=on: Install bundled vimrc as default setting
MAKE_JOBS=off: Enable parallel build
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- cpe iconv ncurses pkgconfig shebangfix python:env
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
- port moved to editors/vim on 2021-09-02
REASON: The "vim" package is now console-only
Number of commits found: 3
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: for full details, see links to repositories near top of page)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: editors/vim|
02 Sep 2021 06:36:47
|Adam Weinberger (adamw)
editors/vim: Flavorize and update to 8.2.3394
This commit completely rewires the vim ports. It includes the following:
* `vim' is now a TUI-only package. It is what the `vim-console' port
* `vim-gtk3' includes the TUI binary (vim) and a GTk3-backed GUI. It is
what the `vim' port was.
* Each GUI toolkit has a separate package. There is vim-gtk3, -gtk2,
-motif, -athena, and -x11.
* `vim-tiny' is still the same thing, except it includes a defaults.vim
stub to silence a startup error message.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
11 Jan 2018 20:29:53
Rename editors/vim-lite to editors/vim-console. The vim-console port isn't
actually any lighter---it's built with exactly the same feature-set as
the main vim port. The only difference is lack of gtk20 GUI, and the
language bindings are off by default.
An UPDATING entry is included.
Number of commits found: 3