- boehm-gc-threaded Garbage collection and memory leak detection for C and C++
- 8.0.4_1 devel =4 8.0.4_1Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: email@example.com
- Port Added: 2009-12-18 04:08:56
- Last Update: 2021-04-06 14:31:07
- Commit Hash: 305f148
- People watching this port, also watch:: p5-Encode-Locale, font-misc-meltho, screen, desktop-file-utils, mkfontscale
- License: BDWGC
- The Boehm-Weiser garbage collection package, for C and C++ -
garbage collection and memory leak detection libraries.
A garbage collector is something which automatically frees malloc'd
memory for you by working out what parts of memory your program
no longer has pointers to. As a result, garbage collectors can also
inform you of memory leaks (if they find memory they can free, it means
you have lost all of your pointers to it, but you didn't free it).
C programs may be linked against either of these, and should run (with
GC or leak detection) without change. C++ programs must include a header
to use garbage collection, though leak detection should work without
such source code modifications. See the man page and header files.
This package only brings Boehm-GC libraries with threading support.
ps: garbage collection is addictive.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- For RUN/BUILD depends:
- For LIB depends:
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/devel/boehm-gc-threaded/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install devel/boehm-gc-threaded
- pkg install boehm-gc-threaded
- PKGNAME: boehm-gc-threaded
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1551518559
SHA256 (gc-8.0.4.tar.gz) = 436a0ddc67b1ac0b0405b61a9675bca9e075c8156f4debd1d06f3a56c7cd289d
SIZE (gc-8.0.4.tar.gz) = 1160528
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: devel/boehm-gc
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- libatomic_ops.a : devel/libatomic_ops
- pkgconf>=1.3.0_1 : devel/pkgconf
- Runtime dependencies:
- gc.h : devel/boehm-gc
- This port is required by:
- for Libraries
Deleted ports which required this port:
- * - deleted ports are only shown under the This port is required by section. It was harder to do for the Required section. Perhaps later...
- Configuration Options:
- ===> The following configuration options are available for boehm-gc-threaded-8.0.4_1:
DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
PARALLEL_MARK=off: Parallel-thread marking (faster for SMP)
===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
- Options name:
- cpe libtool pathfix pkgconfig compiler:c11
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: devel/boehm-gc|
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|05 Jan 2020 09:30:14
- Update WWW
- Remove bogus LICENSE
Approved by: portmgr blanket
|08 Jan 2018 12:52:49
devel/boehm-gc: update to 7.6.2
- Remove patch (added upstream)
- Drop maintainership
- Bump SHLIBS version in pkg-plist
Exp-run by: antoine
|03 Oct 2014 12:52:35
- Complete USES=libtool conversion
- Remove USE_AUTOTOOLS
- Replace MAKE with MAKE_CMD
|23 Feb 2014 01:35:05
- Update MASTER_SITES
- Update WWW in pkg-descr
Submitted by: Vitaly Magerya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|17 Oct 2013 20:53:58
. update to version 7.2d;
. organize as master and slave ports;
. while I'm here: support stage.
PR: ports/175590 
Submitted by: KATO Tsuguru <email@example.com> 
Vitaly Magerya <firstname.lastname@example.org> 
Hirohisa Yamaguchi <email@example.com> 
|20 Sep 2013 17:03:27
Add NO_STAGE all over the place in preparation for the staging support (cat:
devel part 1)
|12 Jun 2012 09:17:03
Convert to new options framework
|24 Oct 2011 03:33:20
- Return my ports back to the pool. I was unable to make any fixes to
my ports in the past 3 weeks while ports were broken on any 10.x
machines, which means I'm unable to maintain them. So let people know
that there's no available support for them until things are back to
normal (which also means that anyone with spare time will be able
to fix them without getting approval).
|22 Oct 2011 23:50:23
- remove maintainer tags from pkg-descr
Approved by: portmgr
Approved by: bapt (mentor)
|19 Sep 2011 22:53:27
- Add 'test' target.
Submitted by: Dmitry Marakasov <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|11 Aug 2011 19:20:17
Remove USE_GNOME=gnometarget from ports. It has been a empty keyword since
Submitted by: Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <email@example.com>
|03 Jul 2011 14:59:23
|12 Sep 2010 10:43:58
- Install pkg-config file.
- Bump portrevision.
Submitted by: Vitaly Magerya <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|01 Apr 2010 08:49:02
- Fix boehm-gc-threaded on powerpc.
|19 Dec 2009 11:11:15
- Fix sparc64 build.
Submitted by: Michael Moll <email@example.com>
|18 Dec 2009 04:08:01
- Add port for boehm-gc garbage collector variant with threads support.
This port will install only shared libraries with threads support enabled,
that will allow for easy dependency handling for ports that required libgc
build with specific features and will allow to avoid hacks of building own
version of libgc library.