- postgresql11-docs The PostgreSQL documentation set
- 11.16 databases =0 Version of this port present on the latest quarterly branch. NOTE: Slave port - quarterly revision is most likely wrong.
- Maintainer: pgsql@FreeBSD.org
- Port Added: 2018-10-19 21:32:27
- Last Update: 2022-07-20 14:21:07
- Commit Hash: d076ad9
- License: PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting
almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and
user-defined types and functions. It is the most advanced open-source
database available anywhere. Commercial Support is also available.
The original Postgres code was the effort of many graduate students,
undergraduate students, and staff programmers working under the direction of
Professor Michael Stonebraker at the University of California, Berkeley. In
1995, Andrew Yu and Jolly Chen took on the task of converting the DBMS query
language to SQL and created a new database system which came to known as
Postgres95. Many others contributed to the porting, testing, debugging and
enhancement of the Postgres95 code. As the code improved, and 1995 faded into
memory, PostgreSQL was born.
PostgreSQL development is presently being performed by a team of Internet
developers who are now responsible for all current and future development. The
development team coordinator is Marc G. Fournier (scrappy@PostgreSQL.ORG).
Support is available from the PostgreSQL developer/user community through the
support mailing list (questions@PostgreSQL.ORG).
PostgreSQL is free and the complete source is available.
- SVNWeb : git : Homepage
- pkg-plist: as obtained via:
- Dependency lines:
- Conflicts Matches:
There are no Conflicts Matches for this port. This is usually an error.
- To install the port:
- cd /usr/ports/databases/postgresql11-docs/ && make install clean
- To add the package, run one of these commands:
NOTE: If this package has multiple flavors (see below), then use one of them instead of the name specified above.
- pkg install databases/postgresql11-docs
- pkg install postgresql11-docs
- PKGNAME: postgresql11-docs
- Flavors: there is no flavor information for this port.
- TIMESTAMP = 1652167803
SHA256 (postgresql/postgresql-11.16.tar.bz2) = 2dd9e111f0a5949ee7cacc065cea0fb21092929bae310ce05bf01b4ffc5103a5
SIZE (postgresql/postgresql-11.16.tar.bz2) = 20347100
- Packages (timestamps in pop-ups are UTC):
- Master port: databases/postgresql11-server
- NOTE: FreshPorts displays only information on required and default dependencies. Optional dependencies are not covered.
- Build dependencies:
- onsgmls : textproc/opensp
- openjade : textproc/openjade
- catalog : textproc/iso8879
- catalog : textproc/dsssl-docbook-modular
- docbook-sgml>0 : textproc/docbook-sgml
- gmake>=4.3 : devel/gmake
- There are no ports dependent upon this port
- Configuration Options:
- No options to configure
- Options name:
- tar:bzip2 cpe gmake compiler
- FreshPorts was unable to extract/find any pkg message
- Master Sites:
Number of commits found: 6
|Commit History - (may be incomplete: see SVNWeb link above for full details)
|This is a slave port. You may also want to view the commits to the master port: databases/postgresql11-server|
|20 Jul 2022 14:21:07
|Tobias C. Berner (tcberner)
databases: remove 'Created by' lines
A big Thank You to the original contributors of these ports:
* "Choe, Cheng-Dae" whitekid
* "Mahdi Mokhtari <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
* "Meikel Brandmeyer" <email@example.com>
* Aaron Dalton <aaron@FreeBSD.org>
* Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>
* Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
* Akinori MUSHA aka knu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Alan Snelson <Alan@Wave2.org>(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|20 May 2021 14:38:55
|Palle Girgensohn (girgen)
databases/postgresql14-*: Add postgresql 14 beta1 the the ports tree.
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/release-14.html
Also reintroduce parallel builds. Some components, namely plperl,
plpython, pltcl and contrib, fail to build properly when using parallel
builds. Something with static linking using `ar` that fails.
MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE is set for these ports.
|06 Apr 2021 14:31:07
|Mathieu Arnold (mat)
Remove # $FreeBSD$ from Makefiles.
|24 Sep 2020 13:33:10
Welcome PostgreSQL 13
Release notes: https://www.postgresql.org/about/news/2077/
|08 Aug 2019 15:33:03
iThe PostgreSQL Global Development Group has released an update to all
supported versions of our database system, including 11.5, 10.10,
9.6.15, 9.5.19, and 9.4.24, as well as the third beta of PostgreSQL 12.
This release fixes two security issues in the PostgreSQL server, two
security issues found in one of the PostgreSQL Windows installers, and
over 40 bugs reported since the previous release.
Users should install these updates as soon as possible.
A Note on the PostgreSQL 12 Beta
In the spirit of the open source PostgreSQL community, we strongly
encourage you to test the new features of PostgreSQL 12 in your database
systems to help us eliminate any bugs or other issues that may exist.(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
|19 Oct 2018 21:32:08
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group today announced the release of
PostgreSQL 11, the latest version of the world's most advanced open
PostgreSQL 11 provides users with improvements to overall performance of
the database system, with specific enhancements associated with very
large databases and high computational workloads. Further, PostgreSQL 11
makes significant improvements to the table partitioning system, adds
support for stored procedures capable of transaction management,
improves query parallelism and adds parallelized data definition
capabilities, and introduces just-in-time (JIT) compilation for
accelerating the execution of expressions in queries.
"For PostgreSQL 11, our development community focused on adding features
that improve PostgreSQL's ability to manage very large databases," said(Only the first 15 lines of the commit message are shown above )
Number of commits found: 6